Monday, September 29, 2008

Today was the last day of our 2 day staging in Philadelphia. I learned all about Peace Corps policy (blog responsibly!) and the basics of what to expect when we arrive in Mozambique. The biggest part of staging was to get to know the other 58 people in our group. Moz 13 (that's our group!) is a young group, with everyone under the age of 30. Everyone I've met is really nice and very enthusiastic. I've had so much built up anticipation over this day that its hard to believe I'm really leaving tomorrow! Eeeeeeeeeeee

I started my malaria meds which was pretty exciting! I took a picture. Ate a philly cheesesteak. Did a lot of interactive group activities. That was staging! I'm praying that my luggage is under the weight limit tomorrow because the only other thing I could really take out would be a textbook which would be sad. Tomorrow we arrive in Johannesburg (Jo-burg as the cool kids call it), South Africa where we'll spend the night. The next day we leave for Maputo, the capital of Mozambique where we'll spend the next 4 days learning some 'survival portugues' and way important things I guess. Then we're off to stay with our host families! I'm off to rearrange a few things and try to get a good nights sleep before i GO TO AFRICA!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sending happy thoughts for electricity and the ability to shower every now and then! :)

Brenna Joy said...

Did you know I am HONDU-13?!?!?! Isn't that crazy?! It made me tear up just a little bit....