Thursday, September 25, 2008

My First Blog Ever

I leave for Mozambique in 3 days!!

Things have been a little crazy lately trying to wrap everything up and pack. I thought I was doing pretty well on the packing front; almost everything fit into my 3 bags. Then I tried to lift my first bag and couldn't. Soooo I have to do a little bit more "prioritizing" to do in order to keep it under the weight limit.

Once I arrive in Mozambique for training, I will be about 2 hours outside of the capital, Maputo. I probably won't be able to communicate through email very often during the 10 week training, but I'll update this when I get the chance. I also really appreciate letters! Mail can take anywhere between 2 weeks and a month, so it may take a while, but I'll definitely get back to you!

Please sent mail to:
Stephanie Goettl, PCV
U.S. Peace Corps
C.P. 4398
Maputo
Mozambique

It helps to write airmail on the envelopes and number your letters so I know if any have been lost in the mail.

Tchau!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be safe steph!

A Cool Wind said...

Hi Steph,

I finally saw where to leave a comment at the end of the blog. You should show everyone that important button to leave you mail!!!

I am soooooo excited for you. You will become our local Mozambique expert in foreign policy! We need US experts in foreign policy!

I did some reading on food in Mozambique and found that Peri Peri Prawns were famous and a local must. So, I found the recipe online.

For anyone wishing to think about Steph and what she might be eating over the next few years (hopefully Steph you budget can afford you these on occasion) here is the recipe for the famous Mozambique Peri Peri Prawns: http://www.recipezaar.com/305219

Eat well, have fun, learn a lot and many wonderful adventures.

Auntie Ter