Monday, October 27, 2008

Hi!! Thanks to everyone who has sent mail! I just mailed out a bunch of letters yesterday, so youÂșll be hearing back soon! Yesterday, our whole group went to Maputo and bought phones and ate pizza. It was amazing.

Training is going pretty well. I will be teaching chemistry to 8 - 11th graders. I feel pretty good about grades 8 and 9, as thats mostly basic chem that I enjoyed learning, but starting in 10th grade, they start learning organic chemistry. So if I end up teaching that, I will have a lot of relearning to do!! If anyone has any ideas for chem experiments using around the house reagents, please email them to me! We´ve started practicing teaching in Portuguese, and its pretty rough. This week, Im giving a lesson on balancing formulas. Super exciting! Im going to try to post pictures now, we´ll see how that goes...

its not going well. i will try later!! ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing well! You're greatly missed; I haven't sent you a letter yet, but it is on my to do list. ;)

Love the blog...

Unknown said...

Sent a letter yesterday, let me know how long it takes to arrive!

Brenna Joy said...

I wonder how many blogs use the words house-hold reagents? I also now wonder how many watch lists you are on for talking about exploding chemicals on the internet...? You need to be careful, you represent your country now!